Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer of LGO

Hi virtual friends,



     I am in the LGO program at MIT. A lot of my classmates have recently started blogs to give prospective applicants a student's eye view of the program. Since I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve, I wanted to offer up my $0.02.

     A little bit about me: I graduated in 2001 from West Point, with a degree in Civil Engineering. I served 10 years in the Army, with a few trips to Afghanistan. Not thinking MIT would be hard enough in and of itself, I decided to have a child right at the start of the program.

     With that out of the way, let me be a little bit controversial here: LGO is awesome and the people are awesome. If you join this program, you are going to work hard, but you will have a great time.

     Anyway, I just wanted to get the ball rolling on this. I'll be sure to post more interesting and profound insights in the coming months. Thanks for reading and if you have any questions, hit me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment